When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Replacement Axle Set For Schwinn Approved Model 200 Hub?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Eric Amlie

Wore out three sets of tires already!
I'm going through a '64 Typhoon that I picked up last fall and of course the bearing cones in the front hub are pitted & galled. Does anyone know of a readily available replacement axle set for these hubs? The main issue is the dust cap/grease seal that fits on the shoulder of the cone. I went through all my spare axle parts and couldn't come up with anything that would work. Anyone know of a simple solution other than buying a complete hub on Ebay?

Let me go through my inventory this afternoon and see what I can come up with. I know I have a box with many different sizes of dust caps and a large number of cones as well. I will let you know what I find pdq.

Well, that turned out to be more difficult than I had anticipated. Here is the best I can come up with, an unmatched pair of cones with dust seals. They are the correct size and thread pitch for a model 200. Asking $5 shipped.
MVC-366S.JPG
MVC-367S.JPG

I have an axle set, Schwinn part # 30 150 nos in the bag. Its the axle, lock nuts, and cones. The outside nuts are the black flanged nuts but I will include the cad ones. $20.00 shipped.

Well, that turned out to be more difficult than I had anticipated. Here is the best I can come up with, an unmatched pair of cones with dust seals. They are the correct size and thread pitch for a model 200. Asking $5 shipped.

P.M. sent.

I have an axle set, Schwinn part # 30 150 nos in the bag. Its the axle, lock nuts, and cones. The outside nuts are the black flanged nuts but I will include the cad ones. $20.00 shipped.
Thank you for your offer, but if Gordon's cones work out I would prefer to go with the cheaper solution. This isn't a bike I'm going to put a lot of miles on.

Just a follow up here.
The cones that I got from Gordon were just the right thing and the wheel is now spinning like a champ. Thank you so much Gordon!
In case anyone in the future is doing a search on this problem and turns this thread up, this axle set looks like it may be the right thing. I didn't want to spend the money to find out though as long as I had a cheaper solution.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/311591952302?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Thank you for your offer, but if Gordon's cones work out I would prefer to go with the cheaper solution. This isn't a bike I'm going to put a lot of miles on.
ABC Services, Do you still have the axle set available for purchase? Need replacement for 1968 Typhoon, and ready to purchase.

Back