When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Restoring white walls?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

marching_out

Finally riding a big boys bike
What does everyone use to bring back the white on white wall tires? I have some Westwinds I'd like to use on a restore project but they are more of an off white than white. I've seen some references to tire paint and have actually used black tire paint on a mini bike project but never white. Thoughts and comments....

Great idea. I've used Soft Scrub with a tooth brush which helped a little but I think I need to take off a very thin top layer to get down to some original white.

Great idea. I've used Soft Scrub with a tooth brush which helped a little but I think I need to take off a very thin top layer to get down to some original white.

A tooth brush! :eek: Use a big stiff manly hand scrubbing brush and scrub it like you mean it. :D ;)

After you get them scrubbed clean, use 303 Protectant on the sidewalls. Even on white leather this is the recommended cleaner and protectant, and I use it on my gumwalls and gum hoods.

I've got a John Deer product that I favor. Can't for the life of me think of the name, though. Same stuff the farmers use on their huge tractor tires. Used it on my original Goodyear on my CT and i couldn't believe how well it came out. Mind you, it is NOT a white wall.
My $.02

I've got a John Deer product that I favor. Can't for the life of me think of the name, though. Same stuff the farmers use on their huge tractor tires. Used it on my original Goodyear on my CT and i couldn't believe how well it came out. Mind you, it is NOT a white wall.
My $.02

I've tried may stores looking for the John Deer tire protectant I cant find anything similar at the box stores, tractor supply, ace hardware etc. Is there another product that will get the same results? No john deer store'swhere I live.

Mike

I've tried may stores looking for the John Deer tire protectant I cant find anything similar at the box stores, tractor supply, ace hardware etc. Is there another product that will get the same results? No john deer store'swhere I live.

Mike

Honestly, I'm not sure if there is. This was recommended by several members and I didn't even bother to try anything else. You can order it online. It isn't all that pricey.

Back