When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Roadside Free Pile Find

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

junkman71

'Lil Knee Scuffer
was coming back from taking my wife to work and see a free sign and spotted a few bikes.... one was a crap walmart roadmaster that was pretty much scrap metal.... but the other bike was a schwinn mountain bike... got home with it and searched the serial # and found out its an 86 sierra.....plans for this are new handlebars to replace the rusty bars with the chrome coking off, gonna be here today....also gonna do a complete relube of the bearings, new chain and cables... tires seem ok for now, grips, pedals, brake pads and seat...will post pics as I go along
bike.jpg
bike.jpg
bike 347.jpg
bike 347.jpg
bike 344.jpg
bike 350.jpg

my new handlebars arrived yesterday....got them installed this morning along with a pair of WTB grips....... still much cleaning to do along with new chain and cables
bike 352.jpg
bike 353.jpg

bike 354.jpg

gave it a good cleaning today and did some adjusting.... turns out it has a 7 speed freewheel instead of the 5 speed it supposed to have... it also turns out the brake levers were shot.. the pivot bushings were completely gone.... so I took the ones from the miyata that were on the varsity.....I will find some different ones for the varsity...... after some adjustments I rode it around in front of my house.... rides great....now I am gonna see what kind of 80s MTB accessories I can find for it after I derust and lube the chain

bike 355.jpg

Back