When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rookie needs help to I.D tandem

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Yeah, that is homemade. I say part it out.

I would save:

Both fenders
Chain rings and cranks
Chain
Headbage
Rear seat
Front forks

Scrap the rest! :D

When I get home I will look for tell tale signs of an abomination tandem, and I will post an update. Thank you so much

If you can, post a side view photo of the chain side. I personally would like to see what it looks like. Homebuilt doesn't necessarily mean an abomination. It may be a very thought out & carefully executed project. It could be a fun rider w/ a little work. I've seen people do a heck of a lot worse w/ a couple of old girls frames. I think the fenders are Columbia.

Just curious....anyone think the MO1933PD could a police department stamping? Not that it was owned by the police, but registered in case it was stolen.

Just curious....anyone think the MO1933PD could a police department stamping? Not that it was owned by the police, but registered in case it was stolen.

Yep, I'd bet my dogs life it's a license ID number. MO for what ever town/city and PD for Police Department.

Well upon further investigation, I can tell it was definitely a homemade frame, the frame tues had been flattened before welded together. But gotta gI've props to the workmanship, they even smoothed it over with bondo to give a nice appearance. Boy I was really hoping to stumbled upon something worthwhile, but I suppose everyone has a winning lottery ticket til the numbers are called. I think I will just pimp it out and enjoy the effort put into it. Thank you gentlemen for all your help. I gotta tell ya, you guys really know your poop! You were more help in 2 hrs than Google could ever be. Have a good one and I owe all you fine souls a round on me.

I'd still like to see it from the right side,the chainguard side. Post a full side view and some close ups of the transitions.

Back