When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rookie needs help to I.D tandem

-
Very few tandems will ever be your ticket to a financial windfall. Pre-war, full deluxe bikes are the "lottery tickets" and they are still out there. V/r Shawn

The crank stamps must be on the front because I ididnt have it out but the rear had nothing stamped at all

As far as "accidentally" buying a tandem, you see I went to an estate auction hoping to buy some investment coins, funny you mentioned being drunk cause I do believe there was a few drinks involved in the parking lot. ( I work 6 days a week, so my Saturdays off I gotta make the most of, besides I will use ANY excuse to tailgate) after a few sobering hours of listening to a guy yell alot of jibberish over a loudspeaker, I wrapped up my affairs and was looking over my receipt when the auctioneer and his buddy realized they forgot to sell two bikes, one being the tandem another was a generic mountin bike so I picked both up for $25 (I just wanted parts off the other bike) as I lugged that heavy abomination to my blazer (which was quite a task to stuff into the undersized rear hatch) I notice the schwinn badge and, as embarrassing as it is to admit, got kinda excited. So the accident was standing in the wrong place at the right time ..or vice versa.

If you can, post a side view photo of the chain side. I personally would like to see what it looks like. Homebuilt doesn't necessarily mean an abomination. It may be a very thought out & carefully executed project. It could be a fun rider w/ a little work. I've seen people do a heck of a lot worse w/ a couple of old girls frames. I think the fenders are Columbia.
I'd still like to see it from the right side,the chainguard side. Post a full side view and some close ups of the transitions.
I will post that for ya as soon as I get home, I'm with you about having fun with it, besides now that I just bought two new tires I almost feel committed. Lol

Back