When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rusted pedals to crank

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

KelRod

Finally riding a big boys bike
Hi,

NEED HELP. I an working on a Monark girls Holiday. The crank was rusted but it free now since trying to remove the pedals. Now the crank turns but can not remove the pedals. What is the best way to remove a set of pedals when they are rusted to the crank? I have sprayed them with PB Blaster.

Kelly

Heat, PB Blaster, and a hammer. Just finesse it and once it breaks free a little bit, spray more PB Blaster on the threads and work it back and forth, and in and out. It should come out. All else fails? Cut the crank and replace it all!

downloadvvvvvvvvvvv.jpg

If going to the hammer, I would try to brace the crank arm with a piece of 2 x 4 or something similar so it (crank arm) can't move.

In the case of my girlfriend's bike, patience, PB Blaster, and a hammer got the old pedals off.

Sometimes, the shaft is bent and you don't see it hardly until you take the pedals off. As was the case for a 1961 Murray Meteor Flite I used to own several years ago.

x1 on the torch,iv never had any rust majic stuff work,it just stinks everything up

x2 on heat. You might get lucky if you soak it for about a week but the torch is your best friend with these. V/r Shawn

Back