Rutledge cycle corp

Discussion in 'General Discussion About Old Bicycles' started by RedRider, Apr 11, 2008.

1. #1 Posted Apr 11, 2008
    RedRider

RedRider Guest

Hey all, looking for someone who knows!
    I found a bike that says Rutledge Cycle Corp of New York, it has an old Bike license sticker that says 1966-67 but i can't find this company anywhere. no bikes on ebay, nothing from a Google or other searches either. Anyone who may have some info on this elusive corp i sure would appreciate it of course.

Thanks
    T.
    (wishing i was at Copake this weekend)

2. #2 Posted Apr 11, 2008
    RedRider

RedRider Guest

Pics of Rutledge

Here are two pics of the rutledge it's in fair shape quite a bit of rust but it has a good look to it i think.

Attached Files:

3. #3 Posted Apr 12, 2008
    HowieBikeman

HowieBikeman Look Ma, No Hands!

I don't have a recoglection of the Rutledge Brand but from the photo it appears to be an American produced 26 x 1 3/8 LtWt bike produced by one of the following factories: Chain Bike Corp, Stelber, or Huffy. Freddy Wilkins in NY might be able to hit it on the head.
    Howie

4. #4 Posted Apr 12, 2008
    RedRider

RedRider Guest

Thanks Howie it's a start, i like to know what i'm working with and have only heard of Huffy out of that list. i'll see what i can find.

Cheers
    Todd

5. #5 Posted Sep 22, 2013
    Justcruzin

Justcruzin On Training Wheels

I know this is an old thread but I figured since I just found 2 of these bikes, I would ad to it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As you can see they have seen their better days. They are basically just yard art now. I still think they are cool looking. :D

Anyone ever figure out more info on this brand of bike? I didn't see much on the web.

6. #6 Posted Sep 23, 2013
    sqrly

sqrly Wore out three sets of tires already!

Justcruzin
    Those are English built. The one has a Hercules (if I remember right) sprocket and the other looks like Raleigh built for another name sprocket. Forks on both look Raleigh built also.