When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

S-7 Tire Question

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Stephanie Smithson

Look Ma, No Hands!
Not too long ago I posted some pics of the corvette I just picked up. I decided to splurg and get blue tires to match the bike. After waiting forever for them to get here, I happily went out to put the new shoes on. After about 3 hours of sweating, muscling, and cussing, the stinking tires will not fit. After doing some research, I have found out that a new 26 tire will not fit an old S-7 rim (26 X 1 3/4). I also can't seem to find any blue 26 X 1 3/4 tires. Anyone out there know where to get any? All I see available are black or white wall. Is there any other size that will fit that I don't know about? Any info is appreciated.

Only tire that I know will fit is the s7 size, 26x1 3/4. I don't think I've ever seen them in colors... not sure that I've looked though either. Marketing ploy by Schwinn. Make parts Schwinn specific so you can only buy Schwinn replacement parts.

You can always get a set of hoops sized like all in the known 26" bicycle universe except schwinn middleweights and free choice of cheap and wonderful colored tires :D

Stephanie, I always thought Schwinn S7s could only be fitted with Schwinn approved 1 3/4" tires.
But, I managed to get a set of 2.125" balloon tires to fit a S7 wheelset.
Duros is what worked. They (Duro), has a large selection of colored tires.
The trick in getting the beads set into the S7 was to not fully inflate the tire while it is being mounted.
Slap the tire with a mallet or on the floor till the bead is even around the sidewal of the rim.
Then slowly inflate till it seats.

Here is my Niece's 1958 Starlet middleweight with Duto balloon tires. The tires are a tight fit within the confines of the fender, so I had to flare them a tad. Forks were wide enough.
e6d323472c17af1a8b4367da9c0a7eaf.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Back