When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

S2 rims

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

sauley

Look Ma, No Hands!
I hope someone out there can answer my question.............When did Schwinn stop making the S2 rim.........was it in 1959 when the Phantom was dropped from it's line of bikes??????

I believe Schwinn made the Tubular S-2's all the way till the end. My latest Schwinn was a 1981 Cruiser 5 but the rims were not stamped.

They were still using S2 rims in the Krate era. Schwinn also made more in the 1995 years using the original dies in Hungary. Roger

They were still using S2 rims in the Krate era. Schwinn also made more in the 1995 years using the original dies in Hungary. Roger

I really do believe that is totally false. Schwinn was out of it in 1992 and out of Hungary years prior.

They made 26" S-2 rims for the Wasp through '64,I believe, and for the REAR of the Cycletruck through '66, according to an old online catalog.

If you go to the SBF Jennifer has a picture of the plant were the S2s were made for the Centenial Phantoms. That is where all the original dies to make the S2s where shipped by Schwinn. Roger

If you go to the SBF Jennifer has a picture of the plant were the S2s were made for the Centenial Phantoms. That is where all the original dies to make the S2s where shipped by Schwinn. Roger

If in fact the Hungarian factory produced the wheels for the Centennial Phantom, they did a crap job trying to imitate the actual Schwinn S-2. These so called stamped Schwinn Tubular S-2's are total fakes and they were not produced by Schwinn nor were they produced with Schwinn's original ("dies") equipment. These 95 Phantom rims are single wall, not tubular and the stamping is totally third world quality deforming the rim. There were no real S-2's produced after "Schwinn" stopped producing their own bikes.

http://thecabe.com/forum/threads/1995-phantom-s-2-wheel-set-300-shipped.100430/#post-650048

rim718dax-9-jpg.jpg

rim718dax-3-jpg.jpg

Back