When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Saddle Spring Replacement

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Rides4Fun

Finally riding a big boys bike
Hi Guys,

I am new to the group and was wondering if it is hard to replace the rear spring on a long spring prewar Persons saddle, assuming that the nuts remove freely? Do you need any type of compression tool or procedure, or is it a bolt-off bolt-on process?

Thank you for reading my post and any advice you may be able to offer!

Rides4Fun

P.S.....in looking at my saddle further, I am suspecting that the lower spring may be the hardest to handle since it seems that is is more tightly compressed and you need to remove it first before taking off the upper spring which seems to be under less compression ? Thanks for any insights or experience that can be offered!

Rides4Fun

20170314_180007[1].jpg

Thank you for your prompt response. Attached is a photo of the saddle and the broken spring is on the right. Sorry, I couldn't post the pic until today and look forward to further comment on replacing the spring.

Rides4Fun

Thank you. the upper and lower spring mate at the same point where the horizontal bolt connects through them both. Appreciate your comment!

Back