When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Chainstay Drainage Holes

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Brake cleaner and carb cleaner are basically the same thing. Both get rid of grease, oil and dirt.

I've used carb cleaner for the same problem you're having. It washes out and dries up wd40, oil, etc.

If you use brake or carb cleaner, let them evaporate. Do not apply heat to them to hasten drying.

Not unless you want a neat flame job. Carb cleaner evaporates in a few seconds.

I love the stuff. I use it for degreasing bearings, cleaning everything that's not painted, spray it on a rag and it cleans and softens blackwall tires, cleans whitewall tires, and it works great on carburetors, too.

Not unless you want a neat flame job. Carb cleaner evaporates in a few seconds.

I love the stuff. I use it for degreasing bearings, cleaning everything that's not painted, spray it on a rag and it cleans and softens blackwall tires, cleans whitewall tires, and it works great on carburetors, too.

It can produce Phosgene when heated.

Yikes! I just read up on that. Seems to be brake cleaners, as most, if not all carb cleaners are reformulated, but I weld stuff all the time, and have used carb cleaner a ton of times to clean metals beforehand. Pretty scary. Thanks for the heads up.

Tinker likes to soak greasy parts in Gasoline.:rolleyes:
004.JPG

Is there some kind of defect in all of us old bike guys that makes us, uhh, not that safety conscious?

Nice water heater ya got there, tinker, two feet away from a pan of gasoline. ;)

Back