When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Corvette And World Tour Bundle!

-

hashbrown

Finally riding a big boys bike
I responded to a Facebook ad for a schwinn road bike and love myself some lugged cromo road bikes and for 10 bucks there no way I could pass it up. While I was there I noticed another bike for sale and also couldn't pass it up being a corvette even If it's a girls bike. Sweet talked the lady and I drove away with a bundled price of 40 out the driveway. [emoji6]
I haven't done much schwinn value research lately but I did notice after I got home or has the early bolted bow pedals and early script grips. ... And original tires. Some fading here and there but overall a very nice mostly unmolested cruiser. So how did I do and anything I should know and this bike specifically? And while we're at it how about the road bike? Other than the non original bars, levers seat and such. .. Thanks guys!
uploadfromtaptalk1459397789959.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1459397803605.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1459397816040.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1459397827714.jpg

Quite the deal there. Looks like a decent and complete unmolested Corvette.

The rack is missing the rear crossbrace,which is pretty common on the earlier racks.can't tell if the headlight is the one year only embossed delta type.
I would say you did real well on the deal.

It has delta down the middle of the light but is missing the lense. ... was curious if it was a desirable light. And I can post the serial number when I get home. And thanks guys! I may well by looking to turn it if it's worth it but I know the girls bikes are less wanted. Also thought about parting it out but I'm way too heart broke seeing complete original bikes being tore apart.

It looks much better in person. ... bikes tend to look worse on the Internet usually. the light will definitely clean up great, I love to use the 'oooo' steel wool! What's the best way to freshen and "restore" her? I don't wanna do anything that may hurt it's value or take away from it being original. And thanks again to all! It's awesome there's so many educated and friendly members at the CABE.

Back