When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn scrambler bmx tires.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Big Moe

I live for the CABE
Normally I don't do anything with BMX style bikes, but I found these at an old bike shop on vacation. I am wondering if they are worth anything. I appreciate any info y'all can give me. Thanks Big Moe

IMG_20170316_185434061.jpg

IMG_20170316_185430448.jpg

IMG_20170316_185520398.jpg

Newbie here but I am pretty sharp with the BMX market and prices, especially Schwinn BMX. I can give you a value but not sure if it is against the rules to post values openly in a thread? I will say the last pair of these I saw sell was a year or so back and they sold after sitting for sale a few months. Pretty cool tire, Schwinn's version of the "snake belly" tread from around 1978-82ish. These did not come as a stock tire but could be purchased at your local Schwinn dealer. The Stock tire on Scramblers was the BX "suction cup" knobby.
Other snake belly tires can sell for a lot if they are made by Cycle Pro or NTTK. Also, more money for gum-wall or skin-wall versions.
Only problem with these, being 1 3/4" I.D. and only fit the S-2 Schwinn rims. If you have a 70's or early 80's scrambler w S-2's these would work nicely. All in all, a pretty nice pick up! Hope that helps you out.

What are your plans for the tires?

Last edited:
They are pretty sweet tires, only issue is the fastback wheels are skinny 1 3/8" I think, S-5 or S-6 rim type.
Any story to share on the old bike shop you picked these up at?

I bought a nos pair of white Schwinn grips from the same J and D bike shop in Jefferson City,Mo twenty some odd years ago and I still have them. They are on my 24" Huffy rat bike in the garage.

IMG_20160929_164633863.jpg

That sounds like a cool build, love that hump back frame! I am interested in 2nd pair if you are interested in shipping.

Back