When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Slimline Horn

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Red1

Look Ma, No Hands!
I was wandering if there is anybody on the forum that works on horns? It came out of a Schwinn slimline 66' Panther. I noticed that the battery cage is missing the round circle contact? Guess i could start there but would'nt mind mailing it off for a rehaul?
Thanks,
Red

Hey Red

Does the horn itself work? Take a screwdriver and go from the copper part to the end of the battery and it should blow or at least make a sound. Sounds like the right angle piece is missing which is common. I have made them out of brass with good results. Here is a pic

Attachments

• P1010001.jpg
    P1010001.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 104
Got some pictures of it? If it's all there, they're usually quite simple to get functioning again. If it's missing a contact, a brass rivet in its place should work.

Red,
I guess your talking about the horn from the Panther you bought from me. If there is anything I can do to help you out let me know. Like I said, I never took the tank apart so I didn't know it was missing parts. If I can help fix it I will do what I can bro!
Just a call away. Post a picture if you can maybe it's a simple fix.
JKent

Back