When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Spring Fork Question

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Ross

Finally riding a big boys bike
Looking at two Schwinn forks one has a smaller span between the truss rod and leg at the cross bolt. What bike would the smaller version have been found on when new? Thanks.

THAT IS A GOOD QUESTION?
IS THIS AN EARLY POST WAR WWII WITH THE
PIVOT BOLT BEHIND THE FORK ARMS?
OR IS IT A '55 OR LATER FORK WITH THE PIVOT
BOLT PIERCING THE FORK ARMS?
PICTURES AND MEASURED DIMENSION THAT
YOU ARE ASKING ABOUT MIGHT HELP.

Wes, No claim was made that the question was good... simply a question from a person somewhat new to the hobby. Again, Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking at two Schwinn forks one has a smaller span between the truss rod and leg at the cross bolt. What bike would the smaller version have been found on when new? Thanks.

That is a good question and I've never considered it too. But off the top of me head I'd suggest that, Schwinn's Special or Deluxe middleweights, including Corvette, American and Jaguar, etc after 55-6 might have the smaller as their fenders would be about 1/2" narrower than their counterparts; heavyweight. Possibly as well, if it's so for a middleweight, and if they were all chrome or not, which I don't know for sure too, that, you may have somebodies hybrid, middle weight center and heavy truss, legs.. And I guess it would not be too difficult to cut off both sides to make it smaller as well.

Last edited:
Jeff, Sounds good, Phantom type fender won't fit, dimples for rods / leg are too far apart, prolly close to an inch difference. Thanks for your help.

Back