When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Springer Broken Key - The Fix ???

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
If you can grip the broken key with a small pair of needle nose pliers, you should be able to turn it into the locked position and then pull the broken piece out.
That will give you the pattern to take to a locksmith to have a copy made.
The AN code is on the tumbler, so with the piece and the code,you'll probably be able to have a replacement made.
Wes Pinchot here on the Cabe aka The Fender Doctor, might be able to fix you up with an original key or fix your situation if you like.
Send him a message. I'm sure he can help you out.

If you can grip the broken key with a small pair of needle nose pliers, you should be able to turn it into the locked position and then pull the broken piece out.
That will give you the pattern to take to a locksmith to have a copy made.
The AN code is on the tumbler, so with the piece and the code,you'll probably be able to have a replacement made.
Wes Pinchot here on the Cabe aka The Fender Doctor, might be able to fix you up with an original key or fix your situation if you like.
Send him a message. I'm sure he can help you out.
Thanks.. I eroded the key in my attempts at removal but can get to the locked position. I'll try again and thanks for the help.

I should have mentioned, that the key can only be removed in the locked position.
Spray a little WD40 in there to help get it to slide out.
But again, don't try to pull it out until you have it in the locked position.

I've managed to extract them when eroded with two sewing needles or two paper clips..... just takes patients : )

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Also tweezers that are very very pointed work well... my x hated that I used hers, but they worked!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Find a small wood screw with fairly fine threads that comes to a decent point. Gently turn it in between the key nub and the lock body. It doesn't take much, use a bit of pressure but don't force it. Then yank screw straight back. This often extracts the key nub. Here's how it works: The lock body is hardened, the screw threads won't dig into it. The key nub is soft metal, the screw threads dig into it.
Cheers, Geoff

Find a small wood screw with fairly fine threads that comes to a decent point. Gently turn it in between the key nub and the lock body. It doesn't take much, use a bit of pressure but don't force it. Then yank screw straight back. This often extracts the key nub. Here's how it works: The lock body is hardened, the screw threads won't dig into it. The key nub is soft metal, the screw threads dig into it.
Cheers, Geoff
Thanks, Geoff

Back