When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn track tandem

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Rmuza

On Training Wheels
Here is my Schwinn track tandem. I am looking for history about it. It has no serial number as I believe it is a custom order. Campagnolo front and rear drops, headset, pedals, inch pitch cranks. The color is silver mist. The decals appear to be 1960's. The cranks were made only in the 1960's. i would love to hear from a Schwinn team rider who may be familiar with it. Thank you.

IMG_1455.JPG

IMG_1244.JPG

The chain in the above picture looks unusual in that the connecting links look much smaller or narrower than normal. Is that a Paramount thing?
Can you take and post a close up picture of that chain?
Thanks,
Greg M.

Beautiful bike. Never heard of a Schwinn without a serial number. Nothing on the bottom brackets? First year for the "spaghetti" Schwinn decal was 1959 and from what I've seen the last year for that colored Schwinn Quality decal was 1962. Is that a brass head badge?

IMG_1572.JPG
It is known as block chain. Lighter, and more rare than skip tooth chain. Favored by track riders in the 1950's. Good eye there, Greg M.
The chain in the above picture looks unusual in that the connecting links look much smaller or narrower than normal. Is that a Paramount thing?
Can you take and post a close up picture of that chain?
Thanks,
Greg M.
Beautiful bike. Never heard of a Schwinn without a serial number. Nothing on the bottom brackets? First year for the "spaghetti" Schwinn decal was 1959 and from what I've seen the last year for that colored Schwinn Quality decal was 1962. Is that a brass head badge?
That is probably the most helpful information I have received concerning dating this bike. Thank you so much for that. The headbadge is brass, Judging by the color of the metal on the backside.

View attachment 369210 It is known as block chain. Lighter, and more rare than skip tooth chain. Favored by track riders in the 1950's. Good eye there, Greg M.

That is probably the most helpful information I have received concerning dating this bike. Thank you so much for that. The headbadge is brass, Judging by the color of the metal on the backside.
I've heard that the track tandems were Schwinn team bikes not meant for resale, hence no serial number.

Back