When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

seat springs

-
Mesinger made the Phantom saddles, pics of a '59 Corvette's?
Scott:
I am assuming that the Phantom seats were the same throughout the 11 year run; '49-'59... Catalog photos seem to show that. My '52 Phantom came with springs that had 8 same size coils [vertically straight and in-line] from the spring perch down... the lower coils were smaller each coil [qty. 7] forming a beehive[?] shape... 15 tight coils total.
My '59 Corvette came with the new design [@ least new for 1959 middle-weights] Messinger seat [with Schwinn tin tag riveted over the molded messinger emboss]... This was the new foam padded, rubber cover stretched over a tin pan; many call the 'S' seat. [Re-designed to replace the ~ '57 fiber board seat that was not durable... like my Blue & White vynal covered seat]. The high priced bike models got a better frame and spring platform, than did the lower priced models [cost-cutter all the way]. The seat that came on my '59 Corvette has 6 uniform coils [vertically] from the spring perch down and then [7] coils, each coil smaller forming a 'V' shape bottom of the spring; 13 coils total...
Hope this helps:
59 vette 1.jpg

59 vette 2.jpg

Back