When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shelby find

-

Floyd

Finally riding a big boys bike
IMG_6351.JPG
IMG_6360.JPG
IMG_6361.JPG
IMG_6362.JPG
IMG_6363.JPG
IMG_6364.JPG
Found this peeking out behind a garage today. Definitely has some cool handlebars! Talked to my bud who sez no sign of any head badge mounting is a good thing!

Two of my bike buds have suggested this may be an Airflow that's been frankenbiked during its life. I welcome comments, opinions, etc!

More likely an Arrow but the only thing left is the frame/fork. Just curious what is the serial number? V/r Shawn

I just did a search of Arrows and Airflows. Yikes! Well..... this certainly aint ever gonna look like that again! I remember being a kid and putting bikes together and in that same spirit I think this is simply gonna hit the road again just like it is! I am curious about the fenders and chainguard...... they fit very well! Any idea what they off of?

I believe Shelby used a guard like that on some lower 1941 models , I think this bike might be late 1940 when Shelby was building all kinds of mis-matched parts , probably in an effort to use up parts on hand due to the growing threat of war , a lot of the other parts are obviously much later Frankenbike additions

Chainguard and the chain ring are the type seen on Shelby bikes in 1941. Shelby did indeed mix and match their parts and this is especially true right before WW2. Here's a 1941 ad showing how Shelby bikes could save gas and serve the nation.
image (9).jpeg

Back