When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show your Davis built bicycles

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
From the Miami Merkel thread:

the orange one has a atherton,the red one has ND model A

attachment.jpg

Dave the Wave's Miami motorbike has similar stampings to Davis.

I'm also interested in finding any HP Snyder built motorbikes in the teens. They would most likely have an Atherton hub equipped as that was a Snyder built hub. I'd be happy to see some 20's Snyder bikes also for stampings and construction techniques.

... let's take the serial number stamping for bit of evidence, are there other manufacturers that stamped numbers in line with the rotation of the BB bearings? Someone reading this thread must have a confirmed 1915 or 16 Chief, can you please share your serial number stamping????

Wha ?? How The Heck Did THIS Happen ???

??????????
Miami-Built ARROW    bottom numbers  cabe copy.jpg
??????????
Miami-Built ARROW dave the wave  cabe copy.jpg
?????????? (wha' ???) + (???) = WHA' ???

Dat's Right ...
Davis-Built ARROW bottom == dave the wave  cabe copy.jpg
Davis-Built ARROW  dave the wave   cabe copy.jpg
... It's Kool !!!

............... patric

Last edited:
On which bike was this front fender used?

It has the 1" sides. Identical to my other Davis fenders except that it extends further in the front, just like the 1915-16 Chief flat fenders (the front brace lines up perfectly when placed alongside my flat Chief fender). It is shown here for reference on a Chief fork.

IMG_0735_zps9b6dc726-1.jpg

It's A First Fer Me ............. !!!

ejlwheels ... have never seen an extended-nose, deep, front fender on any Davis. However I can think of several
reasons how it came to be ...

1. It may not be a Davis fender.
2. It may be a Miami-Cycle Co. fender.
3. It may be made from a Davis REAR fender.
4. It may be a Davis product having a very-limited run.
5. It may be a Davis product with a running production change of mid to late 1922.
6. Other, yet to be determined reason.

More often than not .. on a Davis deep or flat front fender .. the observer may find a small - quarter-inch (+/-) riveted, steel
button .. just behind the elongated-hole in the front fender .. this hole allows the eyelet screw to pass thru and connect the
fork with the fender-retaining washer and nut ... sandwiching the fender in between.

The little button acts as an interference measure ... as it cants the part of the fender .. below the rear of the fork-crown, downward ..
easily-permitting the fender-brace openings to line up with the front axel.

Much more research is indicated before any conclusions can be reached.

................. patric cafaro

Am editing this message with great regard for information supplied by ejlwheels in entry #200 of this thread 10/30/13. That entry may clarify
many things. THANK YOU TO ejlwheels !!!

Last edited:
Here is a photo of my rear fender on my Davis bike. The brace definitely looks different than mine

Last edited:
Redline1968 And His 1918 H-D .......

Redline1968 ... thank you for posting some details of your Model 418 H-D !!!

........... patric

davis - H-D - Model 418 owner redline1968.jpg
davis - H-D - Model 418 - 1918  dayton adjusters.jpg
davis - H-D - fender dropside one-inch.jpg

Last edited:
Yo .. IVO ... I call redline1968's ride a H-D 'cause it meets the architectural-criteria for being one. I stayed away from color.
In answer to your question (and one day I will learn how to use that quoting app ... sorry) ... the bicycle looks to be painted
from a color in the red family ... I don't know wha' th' hay happened ... IVO ... Dood ... I ain't Miss Cleo ... but I try ............

Good ta hear from ya, IVO !!!

............... patric

It has the 1" sides. Identical to my other Davis fenders except that it extends further in the front, just like the 1915-16 Chief flat fenders (the front brace lines up perfectly when placed alongside my flat Chief fender). It is shown here for reference on a Chief fork.

IMG_0735_zps9b6dc726-1.jpg

can you show us a pic of the top of the fender?

Back