When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

sky blue pixie

-

kasper

Finally riding a big boys bike
can someone please tell me how to date code a schwinn pixie? thanks Thomas

being "opaque" blue would narrow it down to 74,but pictures would really help most.the other way to determine year would be to remove the crank and check the date code. opaque blue was a one year only color if I recall correctly.

thanks for response I will post pics of number under Chicago badge and pics of the color

9100.jpeg
9100.jpeg
9102.jpeg
9104.jpeg

I know seat handlebars and wheels appear to be wrong. trying to find out what yr this is anyone have any knowledge?

serial number won't help with the pixie and lil tigers.the crank date is the only sure way with so many parts missing.sky blue was a late 60's/early 70's color.it has the later style chainguard.the frame is also bent.

serial number won't help with the pixie and lil tigers.the crank date is the only sure way with so many parts missing.sky blue was a late 60's/early 70's color.it has the later style chainguard.the frame is also bent.
thanks for the info. I will have to take crank apart then, since you know more then anyone else I have spoken to so far would you be able to tell me what kind of seat would have come on this bike in the sky blue?

depends on the year? some came with a solo style seat and others came with a stingray banana seat.the last one I had was running a silver glitter banana seat.the one I have now is red,but the seat was replaced with a black banana seat.you can go to this site and find the years on the left,then thumb through the late 60's and early 70's pages for more info.all the catalog pages are here.good luck and have fun.
http://www.trfindley.com/pg_schwinn_cats.htm

depends on the year? some came with a solo style seat and others came with a stingray banana seat.the last one I had was running a silver glitter banana seat.the one I have now is red,but the seat was replaced with a black banana seat.you can go to this site and find the years on the left,then thumb through the late 60's and early 70's pages for more info.all the catalog pages are here.good luck and have fun.
http://www.trfindley.com/pg_schwinn_cats.htm
thanks again for all your help.

Back