When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Smith Motor Wheel Project Opinion Poll

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Jesse McCauley

McCauley Cycle Works
Scratch that first post- this is more interesting.
I did a little horse trading and at the end of the day I have a new piece of a toy.

Let me get a show of hands who thinks I should try to complete this Smith Motor wheel and who thinks I should clean it and dismantle to help finish other people's dream machines?

I'm leaning towards selling/trading what is there just to avoiding sinking a couple thousand dollars into it.

2098cf228540494396c5e8e221b6c6cb.jpg

1476f86426b53650d83ec843ce76a319.jpg

Last edited:
I don't think I would dismantle it. I'll bet someone maybe here on The CABE has the rest to finish it. To me it is kind of sketchy to try to sell as bits and pieces and get rid of it all. You may have bits or pieces left over and go to waste. I think you will have enough interest the way it is. Just my thoughts.

I don't let anything go to waste, certainly not motor wheel parts-
I know there is a tank here, I was looking at a complete Smith this past weekend and I've got a long way to go to complete this bad boy- still has compression anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are missing a lot of hard to find parts. Some of them have been repoped in small amounts, and I don't know who made them. I think they might have been members of the AMCA.

Yea, I saw this thing at the Butler Swap and upon close inspection I am a lonnnng way off.
I'm sure there are people out there closer to a complete than I, prob with more "drive" to complete it too, im not really a motor man at heart

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yea, you don't wanna mess with anything that's missing parts.... I learned that lesson years ago. :cool:

Back