When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Something Interesting On My First Post

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
image.jpeg
Did Schwinn make any war issue bikes?

Last edited:
With the serial under the crank,we can determine it's a 52 or earlier bike.the front chainring is wrong as mentioned and the crank appears to be a later Schwinn lightweight type.being a standard chain means the rear wheel is most likely incorrect too.of course this is all conjecture unless you post a picture of the WHOLE bike.

The bike dates out to a 12/ 1948. Wrong crank huh? Probably wrong springer forks (All Chrome) too then, probably should have taken that 200$ offer a few months ago.
Should I kleen it? And with what? Lots of patina, thick. I rode it a bunch a few years ago.
No fenders, tank, chain guard.
Someone repaired the forks along long long time ago. When I bring it down to clean it up and fluff the tires I'll shoot it and post a proper picture. I've got to try the Brooks I scored for it,
Are original parts available for it, or is it all after market junk?
I found a restroyed one last year for 700$, don't know enuf about em to drop that kind of coin for a bike. They seem to find me.

Back