When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sources for Prewar Parts

-

Rides4Fun

Finally riding a big boys bike
Hi Guys,

Still new here and feeling myself around and enjoying the interactions that I have had! I am looking for a right cone spring to a Persons prewar saddle and posted it in the "wanted forum". Have not any luck so far and was wondering if you may have some advice on any specific sources that I may want to contact. The weird thing is that I have located some springs, but they all seem larger and with fewer wraps than as shown on the photo of my saddle, which I have attached (mine is about 3", 1/8" wire, top to bottom with about 10 wraps, a couple more than what I am finding). This came off of a '39 Columbia Westfields bike. Can you let me know if this saddle is unusual or if I should be able to find a source at some point in the near future?
Thank you for any help you may be able to offer!

Barry
20170314_180007[1][1].jpg
20170326_193508[1].jpg

Probably incorrect seat or your bike is earlier than you think...and seat cores pop up often, just have to be vigilant.

Thanks for your advice old hotrod! I will keep looking and hope others may chime in too if they can help.

My 39 columbia has a short spring persons seat and it is 100% og..most long springs disappear 36-37 for many brands

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Regardless, he is looking for a spring, not confirmation so i probably shouldn't have brought it up...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back