When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spaceliner Klunker

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

kngtmat

Wore out three sets of tires already!
This is my Spaceliner Klunker and it has the original rims except it has freewheel hub and cassette, Shimano Thunderbird front derailer & Eagle rear derailer and Tourney brakes and tires to wide that they rub the frame so I haven't ridden it much.

It has a tank on it that I heard is either a Cleveland welding or a Huffman tank, I think maybe it was done in the 70's-80's and it would be cool to find out who did it.
PICT1130-1.jpg

PICT1132-1.jpg

PICT1142-1.jpg

PICT1143-1.jpg

PICT1144-1.jpg

PICT1135-1.jpg

PICT1136-1.jpg

PICT1139-1.jpg

I'm 97% sure that's an early 50s Huffman tank. It looks identical to the one on my Huffman built Western-flyer.

Cool, Thanks.

I don't know about info on bullmoose bars because I just started getting into bikes again within the last year and a half.

Update on it, I got the wheels off then the paint on them other than a spot or two without a bit of chrome on them although not noticeable unless you really look at it, the front hub has cracks like when who ever had it did some rough riding and one tooth on the free wheel cassette is broken off.

Research Tom Ritchey about bullmoose bars. Original contributor of the bullmoose bar on MTB's. Not something taken from the BMX scene.

my 1981's:

IMG_0314-1.jpg

Tom's personal bike 1978:

mountain_bikenumber1_02-1.jpg

Be hard pressed to find a MTB specific bike older than this one sporting bullmoose bars.

So far I all I have is that the pedals on my Spaceliner Klunker are Beartrap pedals Victor VP-800 and I want to know if any of you know what years they were made so I can norrow down when this bike was done?

Also Shimono BL-AT56 brale levers and a Viscount 2323 seat that maybe help me some too.

I also need help on other parts Id.

Does anyone know what bike the sprocket chainring might have came from?
IMG_20111011_005520-1.jpg

IMG_20111011_005532-1.jpg

Apparently that little part of the crank on my Spaceliner Klunker chainring was a sprocket for a rear hub and how it was put in which has no company name on it like my other hubs do.
IMG_20111011_005553.gif

I might try to take it back to original instead of keeping it a Klunker unless I trade for another that isn't a Klunker in the future.

Yeah they did a cool build, looks like they did a small weld at the headtube and the front wheel has a little grinding on the edge of the rim which maybe why they turned it into a Klunker.
IMG_20111030_221620-1.jpg

IMG_20111030_221838-1.jpg

IMG_20111030_221902-1.jpg

I wonder if I should keep it a Klunker to maybe trade some day for an all original and does anyone know what front & rear hub Spaceliners came with new?

I wonder if I should keep it a Klunker to maybe trade some day for an all original and does anyone know what front & rear hub Spaceliners came with new?

They came with either a Bendix single speed or kick-back two-speed rear hub. You can buy these NOS at Memory Lane.

If you tell me the serial number of your bike, I'll be able to tell you what the original build configuration was. It will be stamped on one of the rear dropouts.

Back