When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stunning Tricolor on Ebay France

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
image.jpeg
yes, congratulations are in order. It's a light and fast touring bike - not made for loaded camping, but for overnight or "credit card" touring.
The main idea is go long distances and haul enough to be self-supported.
It's the product of the French Technical Trials of the 40s. Pushing lighter and lighter frames to do more work.
Some of these bikes were down to 18 lbs.
Most roads were not paved then, but simply graded, so these are the ultimate gravel/adventure bikes.
https://janheine.wordpress.com/2011/12/17/the-technical-trials/
The way the seat stays are brazed forward of the seat tube is to make the main triangle stiffer and help the bike handle better with a rear load.
Most of your load should be up front, though.
Thank you Bully, The comments you have made are exactly what I've heard from the seller, and then some. I'm chomping at the bit to get my sweaty palms on it. He sold it to me to finance a Blondin. I'll load up a photo off my phone shortly of his purchase.

Last edited:
"Something else I love about a bike in this condition. It's been both ridden and cared for".

I'm with you,I'd much rather have something thats been carefully used and maintained over a restored piece.Kinda like a piece of vintage furniture,it gives it a bit of character

A classic beauty- makes me want to get out my Testors Red palette and give those dropouts a little "Degas-ing", no?

How much does it cost to have a road bike shipped from Europe anyway?

we scumbags wanna know!

Back