When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Surviving Huffy Radio Bikes?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
The only thing I can confirm is that 8,500 were built in 1955 and 1956. I only have seen 1955 models.

Let's say 20% survived in any condition. That means that 1,700 are left worldwide.

Serial number:

5H309640 - 1955, red, single speed. Missing tuning knob, battery cover, and light. Total restoration required.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Serial number:

5H075871 - 1955, blue, two speed. Missing antenna and tuner knob. In process of mild restoration.

A potential 1957 model has surfaced. A very rare bike, serial number is OH679837, which appears to be a 1960 serial number. Very odd, but consistent with the chainguard and fork graphics. No Radiobikes are featured in the 1959 or 1960 catalogs.

100_1219-jpg.jpg

100_1220-jpg.jpg

Well the precedence has already been established to have registries as stickies so maybe you could start a Radio Bike Registry. Other registries could include the '59 White Corvette, '37 & '38 RMS, Dayton Safeties & Super Streamlines, Bluebirds, Aerocycles, etc....

Well the precedence has already been established to have registries as stickies so maybe you could start a Radio Bike Registry. Other registries could include the '59 White Corvette, '37 & '38 RMS, Dayton Safeties & Super Streamlines, Bluebirds, Aerocycles, etc....

Good idea, Shawn! I just am not sure how to make it a "sticky".

I think once this gets off the ground, I would like to have everything saved or typed up like a spreadsheet, instead of having individual posts when each one is registered. Not sure yet how to incorporate that into a forum post.

A mod would have to create the "Sticky". Personally I think there should be a separate section for registries. There would also have to be some ground rules such as pic and serial number at a minimum. V/r Shawn

Back