When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tall Prewar Schwinn Rear Fender Marked With A "t"

-

Autocycleplane

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
I've had a few different tall, 20" size frame prewar bikes over the years. All were projects/riders, and I only once had a correct tall model rear fender but it had its lower tab repaired. Just to bring everyone up to speed who may not know - there were different rear fenders and 6 hole rear carriers for the tall 20" frame models to account for the different rear geometry. Front fenders and chainguards are the same as 16" and 18" models.

So I was checking out a pair of fenders I recently scored (thanks again Pete) and noticed something I have never seen or knew before. On the lower mounting tab it has a "T" stamped in it for easy ID on the factory floor/shop shelf. Safe to assume T stands for tall.

FullSizeRender.jpg

I have had several with numbers. They indicated tall frames or the smaller rear triangles.

Back