When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TALL Schwinn Uni

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

phantom

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
At 5'9" I have no idea how I would ever mount and dismount. In fact if I was 6'9" I'd have the same question. I have never had a bike helmet on but that would require an exception.
uni.jpg

I think the correct way to mount that would be to start running holding on to the seat pushing it and then run it into a curb vaulting up with the seat between your legs. :p

Judging the height of that by the garage door, I'd say that's about 6'-5" tall. Long ways down so in addition to your helmet, make sure you are completely triple wrapped with the large bubble wrap.

I am only like 5' 7" Here is how I do it. Go to a local school or park and get next to a basketball pole. ( or a van or a truck with lumber racks ) You put one pedal up and one down. Hold uni straight up along side of pole and stand on tire with your toe wedged against the frame so it cant roll forward. Then while holding the bball pole you hop up and put the other foot on the down pedal. Grab seat with other hand and in one motion take your foot off the tire and boost yourself up basically shoving the seat into place between your legs and putting the other foot on up pedal . Once seated , push off pole and ride. The tall ones ride really easy. To dismount I usually just stop and grab the back of the seat with one hand and let it fall forwards. you land on your feet and hold the seat so it doesnt get bent.

once you get that dialed in , you can also free mount without the pole with same technique. you just have to go from tire to pedal to seated in one motion. You have about a second and a half. ... I cant do it....

Easy Right LOL.

I saw one ridden at a Chicago circus that just closed forever. Hospitals should rent these out. During your fall you will have the warm thought that the fed. insurance can not argue that you had a pre-existing condition. There must be a way that you can tie your neck to the hoop so that your feet don't get hurt. Good luck and send me your wife's phone number. OK I'm just jealous.

Last edited:
In my younger days I used to ride unicycles. In my 20's bought a giraffe about 51/2 feet tall almost bashed my head in on a cinder block wall. Mounting them I always had to be standing on a car or sitting on top of sad cinder block wall. I think I still have that unicycle at my mom's house not a Schwinn though.

Back