When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The wait is over...

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

REC

I live for the CABE
In Memoriam
Today finally came (and went!) and the bike I have been holding my breath over showed up. I bought this one off eBay and was apprehensive as the dickens due to the seller having no prior sales and no feedback. I also saw it as an opportunity to own something I had not seen previously. I had an email exchange with Bob U as I figured if anyone knew about these, he would and the response was that it was indeed an oddity, Sooooo...
Here is a couple of photos from the ad and I know now it is safe and sound right here behind me, so I'll now put it out there. Serial starts with a Y.
REC
C Model DD 2.jpg

A 1938 BC97, Standard Roadster?
Except for the double diamond rear stays....
It is just a bit odd. I have some other bikes on the list above and below this one showing different years than '38.
This is the other C model I have
37 U57137 B.JPG

REC

I was back and forth on this bike. Please keep us updated as to what you find out about it.

REC, is that a Schwinn fork?
Haven't seen that on any Schwinn before...

I have posed the same question to someone who may know a bit more than anyone else about these, but have not heard back from him yet. The paint and striping are the same as the frame, so I have no clue other than it's been there a long time.

REC

Look on ebay right now - There's a La Salle on there with the same configuration fork and rear stays. His looks a little more "done" than mine though. It's an older resto. There is also another one on there for some pretty rich moolah.

I'm just trying to get one on the other ones here done (the white one), so I'm not on the hunt for a whole bike, just a few pieces to finish the one I'm working on. Won't be a restoration - just a re-do to make it nice and trustworthy as a rider. Stupid little parts are killin' me because I was reasonable certain I had all I needed to put it together. WRONG!

REC

First year roadster... straight stays.. crown fork. @REC yours is the c model configuration ie why your truss rods are bent the way they are

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Except for the double diamond rear stays....
It is just a bit odd. I have some other bikes on the list above and below this one showing different years than '38.
This is the other C model I have
View attachment 436346

REC

OK - This is NOT the double diamond frame - this is the first one I got and had been finding parts to build until a couple of weeks ago. One of the parts didn't work out, but I have another chainguard here that should work just fine. This is the end result for now

37 U57137B.jpg

REC

Back