When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

They dont make them like this anymore

-

SJ_BIKER

Riding a 41 Super Deluxe
I love the wall art....

Attachments

• pineview.jpg
    pineview.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 358
I love the wall art....

Dang!.. I owned a gas station that's architectural
structure or design was nearly identical to that and positioned on the corner the same too. . Joplin Mo. and was in a strange location. 3 blocks off of old 66. As I understand this was some type of franchised station. So, it was really weird to be located there. Rumor has it that Bonnie and Clyde had their car repaired there. Albeit I seriously doubt it's wrong location was built there for that type of service. Best Guess 66 w-a-s gonna be on its street, but lucked out.

, a garage extension in the 30's, an apartment built above in 40's station stopped gas serive near that time too, Transitioned into a full mechanic shop. And just as I bought it,, the owner's son, robbed all those signs that had been inside of it, a 1940's Studebaker station truck, and anything else get hands on. This place was cheep!.. and the reason was because, she didn't want her son to have it.. Little did I know, Had I contracted the entire contents, (hell it cost me, $1,000 down, and personal loan of $6K @ 10%, $100 per month, I couldn't believe it would actually be mine) Or had I realized I could have,, Instant 20's-50's sign collection!, and that truck,, sitting garaged unused for 30? years, was nice too!

I found a few signs though, and the one I remember the most about 16" x 8", yellow metal/ceramic for spark plugs, 5 cents.

Last edited:
Back