When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Things I Am Looking For...CONTINUED

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Saving Tempest

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Springer for my 60s Rollfast lightweight FOUND
Springer for my 50s Rollfast middleweight or motorcycle like suspension ideas THOUGHT ABOUT, ON HOLD
Small aero motorcycle windshield for my Schwinn Cruiser SS FOUND
Advice on how to build a motorbike from my middleweight MULLED OVER, NOT DOING

LEAVING THIS OPEN FOR OTHER IDEAS

Last edited:
buy a kitr and put it on the midle weight that is what i did it is easy to do follow instructions

bicycles  #1 sell  and trade 005.JPG

That's fine, but I'm talking 200+ cc and 60-65 mph as a MOTORBIKE, not just a Whizzer. I'm going whole hog to be able to drive the interstate.

And I haven't gotten to that point yet, have no clear idea WHERE to turn (other than the motorcycle place in the next town and more knowledge about Whizzer wheels to see if that will hold up...I have to get an ALLOY rear rim as it is on the SCHWINN as I keep bending it and it's my Rollfast TEMPEST that I want to convert.

What size it that engine? I'm thinking more along the lines of a dirt bike engine.

For what you want, don't use a bicycle frame, hubs or rims. Unless you want to be riding it when you "test to failure". Motorcycles look different than bicycles for a reason. Very early motorcycles are bicycle like, but look into engine size, weight, power and top speed you can see how they got away with it. Early performance motorcycles quickly diverged from bicycle design practice for good reason.

Originally posted and updated:

Springer for my 60s Rollfast lightweight
Springer for my 50s Rollfast middleweight or motorcycle like suspension ideas
Small aero motorcycle windshield for my Schwinn Cruiser SS
Advice on how to build a motorbike from my middleweight

Springer for my 60s Rollfast lightweight (Rosa) that's DONE

Springer for my 50s Rollfast middleweight or motorcycle like suspension ideas abandoned

After that I'm coming along slowly...

Last edited:
Check motorbicycling .com for all the info you need on alternative motors to the cheap chinese kits.

People have used honda 4strokes, 212cc predator motors from harbor freight, ktm, morini, and anything and everything else they could wedge into bikes.

As far as making an interstate legal bike, good luck. Middleweight is not a smart plan. I've built bikes that went just over 60mph, and although fun, you have to have that death wish mentality to dice it out with cars everyday.

I used to have that, til my wish was almost granted. Flew over the bars at 45 when my front brake locked up, seperated my shoulder, broke 4 ribs, two fingers, left wrist, bruised my heart, lungs and kidneys.

Two days in the ER, surgery on the shoulder a few months later, a year of physical therapy, two years of aflac and disability.

Used to climb towers for cell companies, now I'm a bartender making 1/10 the money I used to.

If you want reliable, two wheeled, motorized transportation, buy a motorcycle.

There's my advice part. For motorcycle type front-ends, look for a rixe tandem girder fork, or look up "sportsman flyer."

Pat at sportsman makes an upgraded monark fork he used on his honda powered "bicycles" to set a few land speed records at bonneville.

Back