When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This will piss off the purists.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Big Moe

I live for the CABE
Start of a low buck project. 66 ray frame and fork. BMX style wheels and handle bars. Soon to be black banana seat and truss rods on the front. Thinking magenta for paint. Call it a rat, blending of era's, hell call it sacralige. I don't care, I think it's going to be cool.

IMG_20170414_185430296.jpg

IMG_20170414_185439594.jpg

IMG_20170414_185451290.jpg

I don't think this is going to piss anyone off. In fact I'm glad you found use for an old frame and fork. What would upset me, and probably others, is if you took a nice, complete Stingray and did something like this. V/r Shawn

I agree. So long as it's not a complete bike it should be brought back to life. I like it. Will be worthy of a like.

It's all good. If not, just embrace the complete history of Schwinn 20" Bicycles fellow Cabers, I agree to a point that tampering with a complete could be deemed as sacrilege but many kids (even some of yourselves) did it in the early 70's. In Southern California those "completes" the kid's stripped down and rebuilt were ridden in the dirt and BMX was born. Recently, USABMX's pull magazine published an article on the 40 most influential frames in BMX history, (this is where the purists will yawn or stop reading, lol) but anyways, the frame that beat out the mongooses, Cook Bros and PK rippers, etc and finished in first place...
stingray.jpg

Full article over on the BMX museum for those interested.
cut & paste into google 40 Influential BMX Frames According To USABMX's Pull Magazine

Just my 2 cents. Looks nice Big Moe, cant wait to see it complete!

Last edited:
Okay,first off I would love to get rid of the plastic peddles, but they are what came on the parts bike. Second off, the title was meant to grab attention. I can definitely say it did that. Thanks Guy's. Sometimes my threads don't get a lot of interest. I hope that we can turn this into an ongoing thing for bringing crusty stripped old stingray frame s back to life. I look forward to seeing what y'all come up with. Big thanks, Big Moe

Back