When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TOC Badge Screw Questions

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Brian R.

Wore out three sets of tires already!
I have a few badgeless bikes that I am in the process of finding badges for. I've noticed the screw holes on a couple of them seem to be incredibly tiny. I searched here on the CABE and I think Mr. Columbia stated somewhere that prewar Columbias take badge screws that are size 3-48 x 1/8. I've read online that 3 is the gauge, 48 is the threads per inch, and 1/8 is the length (really?, a 1/8" long screw seems kind of short).

When I hold up a measuring tape, the holes on my 1899 Columbia seem to be about 1/8" wide, while the holes on at least one other toc bike look to be about 1/16th" wide. If, therefore, there were a couple of different sizes of badge screws used on toc bikes, can anyone here tell us what those sizes were? If the larger size is 3-48 x 1/8, what size screw is the most likely one to fit in the smaller, 1/16" hole?

I hope someone answers Brian, because I need a few of those really tiny screws myself.

Me toooooooo.... also how do you rivet such a small hole? Is there a special blind rivet tool or is it just a regular blind rivet tool?

Last edited:
find a small enough screw that works for you, that is a bit bigger than the hole, redrill and retap! done
or use a rivet, you can tap the back of the rivet to get it to hold

So it is a self-taping rivet? Like these?

rivets-listing1_1024x1024.jpg
images-1.jpeg
images.jpeg

Hello If required I have these slot head screws with nuts
image.jpeg

They are same size thread as 15 or 14 guage CCM
spoke threads
image.jpeg

The screws are 1/4 inch long cut them off to desired length with the nut on the screw
image.jpeg

Also then tap the existing hole
image.jpeg

or just apply the screw to the existing hole
If required I can mail out some pieces
Hey Brian these are smaller dia then OG CCM
Badge screws
If any one need some PM ME if required
THANKS Greg

Last edited:
Amazingly the head of early bikes are not that thick so make sure the screw or drive screw is not too long as the clearance between the fork tube and the head is minimal and will bind the fork.

On TOC or before I think you will find the screw sizes are 3-54. But you can get miniature slotted screws at your local hardware stores. Don't use Phillips head screws. Because the screws are so short, a 3-56 screw will work fine. It will bottom out long before the threads start to cross.

Back