When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Today's find. Maybe need some insight.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

ZE52414

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
I found a women's Schwinn which is complete kinda! And the one I need some help with. I'm guessing a 30s women's Elgin. The stem was really cool its a Torrington deco??

IMG_1459.JPG

IMG_1460.JPG

IMG_1461.JPG

IMG_1462.JPG

IMG_1463.JPG

Prolly not much value in them? I think the most valuable thing would be the torrington stem ?

Lots of nice parts on the ladies Elgin. Obviously the stem is desirable, the bars are Torrington with a long pull back, depending on the width they may be boys bars. It also has air cooled hubs, cool pinball wizard chainguard, nice fenders with rear skirt guard, drop stand clip, nice crank & chainring, seat/seatpost, rims etc. It's actually pretty complete, shame someone swiped the badge.

The guy actually has the badge he's going to dig it up because he didn't have any time. He said he will get it to me asap. His wife went into surgery so he couldn't look. The width of the bars are roughly 21"

What really upsets me with the deal is I sent a local guy pics of some of the things he had and he wanted to go later and see if the guy would come off some of the gas pumps he had and when I was there he tried giving me a doodle bug with motor for 100$ me still on the learning curve was like no im not interested in that but my friend that was gojng later on today was real interested in it as well. So when I left with these 2 bikes I googled the doodle bug and some of the prices I couldn't believe. I got halfway home and wanted to drive back to get it but didn't. And he did have the motor as well. And I know there's house paint on it and a few newer parts. But I could have definitely flipped it and bought a bike that I wanted.
IMG_1464.JPG
IMG_1465.JPG

Ouch on the Doodle Bug. I'm sure we all have some sort of regrets along this line.

Last edited:
Very cool mike that is awesome!! Might be a turn and burn it's just hard for me to say no to anything pre war at a reasonable price.

Anyone give me an estimate on the list price on the Elgin. Looking online there all over the place. Competitive price

Back