When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Todays new oldie...Davis?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

mickeyc

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Previous thread said this was on the way, well, here it is. Haven't had time to clean it up. Lousy camera work too (sorry). Wondering what it is. Sold to me as a Davis built.
Nothing on the crank, no provision for fenders (no way to mount). I have never seen a chain that instead of a master link, this one had a tiny little bolt and nut fastening it together. Looked like factory to me. It's red and a light green. Think I can get the colors to look pretty good. Going to be a rider.
The badge mounting holes are 2 1/4" apart, center to center. Like to know what badge for this too.

Any and all help appreciated.

Mike
100_4234.JPG
100_4235.JPG
100_4236.JPG
100_4237.JPG
100_4238.JPG
100_4241.JPG
100_4242.JPG
100_4243.JPG
100_4244.JPG
100_4245.JPG
100_4246.JPG
100_4247.JPG

Looks like a Mead to me. The early ones have that same style of chain ring

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Went through some posts on here, found this from rustyspoke66...
unnamed (2).jpg

Same crank, same chain ring, same ridged fork, same paint darts......any definite answer as to what this is?

Mike

To my eye the machine is a davis sewing machine manufactured bicycle. That chainring was just one "standard" ring davis used. Your ring is not skiptooth by the way, which I have only seen once on a 1916 motobike....I think this machine was probably sears/hardware. I have been looking for possible badge but no luck so far. Is there single number or letter in the very center of the bottom bracket? Looks Davis to me.

Back