When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trade secrets and helpful tools

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

HIGGINSFOREVER

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Alright lets give up some of your trade secrets and odd tools that you have used for some of you restores and rebuilds.I will start with step drills.These can be bought at harbor fright and after using then you can throw your drill bits away.Most of my drills are broken and so used they cant drill thru butter.Next is a spoke nipple driver.Cuts wheel building time in half.Last is a bike stand that can be used anywhere on a wall in or outside, a tree, a wood pole.Forgot my wheel truing stand. Put a hole in you bench and a used set of forks
SHOP PICTURES 010.jpg
SHOP PICTURES 012.jpg
SHOP PICTURES 011.jpg
SHOP PICTURES 007.jpg
SHOP PICTURES 008.jpg
SHOP PICTURES 013.jpg

Last edited:
Nice! There was a cool old wheel truing stand on feeBay a couple of weeks ago that I really wanted and then I forgot to bid on it. :o But I do have a spare set of forks I could use. Don't know why I never thought of that, but great idea!

I'm glad that you posted this thread Gene! I was thinking about posting the same kind of thread just the other night about small tools, but knew Vince would have a field day, when I mentioned small tools. Anyway here are a few that I find indispensable for cleaning (accidently left out the paste wax). The squigly thing is a pipe cleaner and there's a metal nail file in there too.

IMG_2486.jpg

IMG_2486.jpg

Last edited:
me too

Yes, I have one of these held to the frame with magnets on any bike I ride. Even the smallest ones work on the largest nut on any bike. The really little ones can be used as cone wrenches too.

iverb&w.jpg

IMAG0313-1-1-1-1 (1).jpg

I made a die from a old collar,check out the threads does a great job repairing
damage threads, or just cleaning the dirt and rust out between the threads.

I welded a allen wrench to a old pair of channel locks. This is what I use to remove
a kick stand from the frame, once that done then I can use the channel locks to
depress the spring and remove the pin.

RSCN0865.jpg

RSCN0867.jpg

RSCN0869.jpg

RSCN0872.jpg

Motorcycle way of tie wrapping a cable. Cut a small piece of tube. Run the tie wrap around the frame into the tube, around the cable and into the tube and then close. The tube offsets the cable from the frame.

Last edited:
am detailng a bike today,ill be razor blading some of the chrome,if the rust is on top of the chrome or lightly embeded,lightly drag or scrape the rust with a single edge razor blade and then go over it with 0000 wool and semichrome,protect with carnuba wax.happy trails to you!!!

Back