When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trying to ID some bikes from family pics.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

izee2

Finally riding a big boys bike
Hey Cabers,
I was going thru some family photos and came across several pics that show a couple of bikes. I had never seen these pics before. First pic is of my Dad on his bike. I would guess it I s from the late 40's. The second pic is my parents from 1959. It was at my grandparents house and I believe the bike was my uncles. Can anyone I.D. the bikes? I would appreciate any info you can share.
Thanks
Tom
bbed928c2cd3117f15ca34831723c088.jpg

554e8125e4bbfd509ebce407d35f5ee6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Found another pic of the second bike.
958c2f87b05dcb031e6501afc7c9b82e.jpg

What made me think DX is the sea stays. From the highlights/reflection it looks like they have a "hip". Dayton, Snyder, CWC have a smoother curve there. What's throwing the DX ID off for me is the shape of the "tank opening", really tough to say from this pic.

DSC_0003-2.jpg

mystery biuke.jpg

Thank you!! I really appreciate the info. My dad talked about his bikes but never mentioned a specific brand. He would say Ahh maybe Columbia maybe schwinn but it didn't matter to him. He was happy just to have a bike. Never had a new one He would get his brothers or neighbors hand me downs.
Nice to get the info. Thanks again.
Tom

Back