When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trying to restore a Schwinn Paramountain...

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

MarkG

'Lil Knee Scuffer
Any idea where I can get a complete set of decals? I have the typical red frame and fork with chipped paint.
I saw them for sale a couple years ago, I would thing some may still be floating around.

Any idea where I can get a complete set of decals? I have the typical red frame and fork with chipped paint.
I saw them for sale a couple years ago, I would thing some may still be floating around.

What year Paramountain do you have? Thanks, Ron

...1987 and all my research says made only one year. After the Paramountain in 1987 the Schwinn KOM bike was introduced in 1988.

Also I am not sure what the Paramountain was a one year only bike with it's successful race career. Was it a flop in the marketplace? Was it overpriced? Or was it for Schwinn to transition to the Orient for manufacturing?

...1987 and all my research says made only one year. After the Paramountain in 1987 the Schwinn KOM bike was introduced in 1988.

Also I am not sure what the Paramountain was a one year only bike with it's successful race career. Was it a flop in the marketplace? Was it overpriced? Or was it for Schwinn to transition to the Orient for manufacturing?

I have seen some Paramountain decals for sale someplace but I cant remember where. I will try to remember. I do have a set of the special decals for the Ned Overend Paramountain. I picked those up hoping to find a bike that needed them. Still searching. Ron

The Paramountain wasn't really a "bike" since it was sold as a frame only, and only for the '87 model year. Also note that all of them were Ned Overend "Signature Editions". They may have discontinued the frame after only a year because Ned changed teams to Specialized after '87, and the Paramountain was a very labor intensive hand-built frame. You can see the page describing it in the '87 Schwinn ATB catalog here: http://www.geocities.ws/cegrover/87atb03b.jpg

Last edited:
buisky...Those are the decals I need. Are you willing to part with them? Schwinn Paramountain Ned Overend signature frame. I have red. Saw yellow and black only once each. Red frames seem to be much more common.

Back