When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Viking Streamline

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Jay81

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Picked up this Westfield built Viking Streamline today, going to be my next project. (Guess I better hurry up with the last project that I haven't worked on in months) Looks like it should clean up pretty nicely. I'd like to get a working delta horn-lite, pedals and grips for it. Definitely one of my favorite bikes that I own. I'll post more pics once I get it cleaned up.
v1 (1024x576).jpg
v2 (576x1024).jpg
v3 (1024x576).jpg
v4 (1024x576).jpg
v5 (576x1024).jpg
v6 (576x1024).jpg
v7 (1024x576).jpg

Ya beat me to it by just a few minutes! Glad it went to a caber anyway and not somebody who will sand blast it.

How bad is that crack?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ya beat me to it by just a few minutes! Glad it went to a caber anyway and not somebody who will sand blast it.

How bad is that crack?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Actually, I contacted the guy a few weeks ago when he first posted it, and today he started contacting people that had made offers on it. I was lucky, as I was the second person to physically go look at the bike. The crack goes pretty much all the way around. It sucks, and normally I would stay far away from a bike with frame damage, but this one definitely needs to be saved. I know a guy that I think can braze it so I'll be in contact with him and see. At least the repair will be somewhat hidden by the tank.

Last edited:
. The crack goes pretty much all the way around. It sucks, and normally I would stay far away from a bike with frame damage, but this one definitely needs to be saved. I know a guy that I think can braze it so I'll be in contact with him and see. At least the repair will be somewhat hidden by the tank.

Love that bike!

I don't think the frame crack is as structurally unsound as it looks ( I hope). Here are the Westfield patents that show how they constructed their frames at the time. You can see that there is a piece attached inside the head tube. The frame tube slips over it and is brazed on. The crack appears to be over that piece so there is something underneath to attach the tube to. I hope you can have it done without damaging the paint too badly. At least a small enough area to distress paint to match.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Love that bike!

I don't think the frame crack is as structurally unsound as it looks ( I hope). Here are the Westfield patents that show how they constructed their frames at the time. You can see that there is a piece attached inside the head tube. The frame tube slips over it and is brazed on. The crack appears to be over that piece so there is something underneath to attach the tube to. I hope you can have it done without damaging the paint too badly. At least a small enough area to distress paint to match.View attachment 379261 View attachment 379260
I thought it looked like there was another piece inside the tube. Makes sense now!

Also curious what year it is. I'd guess it's a higher number A serial number or maybe a B serial number.

Also curious what year it is. I'd guess it's a higher number A serial number or maybe a B serial number.
The bike was discussed in another thread the other day, before I bought it, and someone said it was a 1935, but the fenders, fork and truss rods looked like 1936. On the bottom bracket, there's what looks like an oval, or sideways 0. Below that it has D8. And the serial # is B81921.

The bike was discussed in another thread the other day, before I bought it, and someone said it was a 1935, but the fenders, fork and truss rods looked like 1936. On the bottom bracket, there's what looks like an oval, or sideways 0. Below that it has D8. And the serial # is B81921.

That's a 1937 serial number. Makes sense as the truss rods are the curved type that show up in later 36. And the fork doesn't have the built in truss rod arm supports seen in 35-36.

Back