When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vintage bikes

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I hate that "make offer, no lowballers" crap, too. If I'm interested, I'll ask how much, which is just an extra step and a waste of time.

If I do make an offer, it's always lower than what I think it's worth, because i want a deal, not retail prices.

Inevitably, they always want more than it's worth, and more than I'm willing to pay.

Offer the guy an xbox, guitar, and some weed.

I sell a lot of bikes on cl, and I always price them. Some people just pay asking price, some negotiate. Most will say "what's the lowest you'll take?" Really? I put a price on it, now you want me to negotiate with myself???
Or sometimes they do make an offer but it's outrageous, like the guy that offered me $150 for a 5 speed Corvette. (I blocked his number)
Still others that do bother to negotiate either by phone or text, show up and offer less than agreed upon price. Or they make an offer by phone or text, I accept, then they think I'm gonna deliver it or meet somewhere. NO!!!
Some people show up when they say they will, and others not only can't keep their appointment, but they don't have the decency to call or text and say they changed their mind. I have other **** to do, and don't have time for people they say they'll be here at a certain time only to never hear from them again.

I've also bought a fair amount of bikes that were "make offer" and after looking at them in person and talking to the seller, a lot of times they'll put a price on it. Going in person makes a huge difference both in this case, and for negotiating if they do post an asking price.

My point is, selling anything on cl is a PITA. What works for some may not work for others.
Some of those bikes he'd be better off auctioning on ebay.

Last edited:
I sell a lot of bikes on cl, and I always price them. Some people just pay asking price, some negotiate. Most will say "what's the lowest you'll take?" Really? I put a price on it, now you want me to negotiate with myself???
Or sometimes they do make an offer but it's outrageous, like the guy that offered me $150 for a 5 speed Corvette. (I blocked his number)
Still others that do bother to negotiate either by phone or text, show up and offer less than agreed upon price. Or they make an offer by phone or text, I accept, then they think I'm gonna deliver it or meet somewhere. NO!!!
Some people show up when they say they will, and others not only can't keep their appointment, but they don't have the decency to call or text and say they changed their mind. I have other **** to do, and don't have time for people they say they'll be here at a certain time only to never hear from them again.

I've also bought a fair amount of bikes that were "make offer" and after looking at them in person and talking to the seller, a lot of times they'll put a price on it. Going in person makes a huge difference both in this case, and for negotiating if they do post an asking price.

My point is, selling anything on cl is a PITA. What works for some may not work for others.
Some of those bikes he'd be better off auctioning on ebay.

I've had the same issues a couple times on CL - people flake out at the last minute with no decency. On the other hand, I've met some really nice people interested in old bikes, but it's really a mixed bag on CL.

Craigslist is something that's absolutely great in theory, awful in practice. In theory, a free, local classifieds system for particular goods sounds great. Craigslist keeps things anonymous up to a point, which has caused problems where people flake out and don't show, or just act weird. And that's the problem - bad apples on CL ruin it for everyone. They make sellers suspicious that the buyer will flake out at the end; they make it so that buyers assume sellers will up-the-price the minute someone else offers more.

I think Facebook Yardsale groups have taken off for just these reasons. The Facebook platform allows a lower degree of anonymity so that you kind of get a sense of who you are dealing with from the start, at least they have a profile and some info for you to view.

i am asking 50k for this collection i posted this ad over two months ago on cl i am a busy man at work and at home , i will be separating this collection in the next month and a half i will post prices on a few bikes at a time because there is no way i can ship that many bikes at one time . I work allot so i dont have allot time to be viewing the cabe ever single day . I have talked to many cabe members and told them my asking price when I first posted this ad . I was hopping some one half way close would drive down and look at the bikes and sell a few that away. THANKS FOR YOUR TIME ANDY STIRN MY NUMBER IS 812 322 8017

Back