When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Violet Collegiate

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Sigh1961

Finally riding a big boys bike
Here is a listing that is near my niece's house in Iowa. I really like the mid 60's lightweights, and would love to grab this purple one. The research I have done looks like the violet collegiate was only available 65 - 67. Is that correct? I am going to ask the seller for a photo of the head tube serial so I can verify. If this is a mid 60's Collegiate, it is in really good condition. It has the wrong handlebars, beacause I think they didn't offer the sport model until later.

01717_35pwQjhsIVx_1200x900.jpg

Thats a 67. Buncha stuff wrong here too....another pass imo.
Other than the handlebars and brake levers, what else do you see wrong? Needs a new decal on the chain guard. Frame decal looks good, paint looks to be in good shape. I can't tell what size the frame is, just from the picture.

Other than the handlebars and brake levers, what else do you see wrong? Needs a new decal on the chain guard. Frame decal looks good, paint looks to be in good shape. I can't tell what size the frame is, just from the picture.
Seat and rear derailer are wrong too. The guard on these were silk screened not decal, parts can be replaced, even decals, but og screens are one time deal. Id hold out for a 65 or 66 anyways, they have the cool Sprint top tube shifter.

Bars,stem,levers,seat,cable housings.original would need all these swapped back plus a set of violet grips.hard to find seat and grips too.

thats the number he gave me but it only comes up right if it was from the head tube,is 67 last year for violet?might get this one to part out

Last edited:
Back