When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Violet Varsity or Collegiate

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

tdoorly

'Lil Knee Scuffer
Hey Cabe'rs, I'm on the hunt for a boys Violet Varsity or Collegiate bike or Frame and forks to build one. They seem to pretty rare as I have only ever seen one advertized for sale but once. Just thought I'd put a request out for one. If I don't get any responce on one that someone wants to sell I just may take a common Sky blue varsity I have and paint it a close to Violet purple or go Mopar Plum Crazy purple and add Schwinn decals . Just so I can have a cool purple Varsity in my collection.

Might want to post in the "Wanted to Buy". Good luck with your search. V/r Shawn

I bought a Violet Collegiate off of ebay last year and never did anything with it...back burner project I haven't
got around to. Bought it for the same reasons, cool, rare color, and practical 'rider'.
Presentable decent original....late 60s I think.
Email me [email protected] and I can send you pix.

That's Pinkolet, not Violet. ;)

00m0m_1kRXCrdbPxR_600x450.jpg

thats kinda what i thought but didnt know 4 sure looks like a very nice bike

Where are you?
I have a '65 Varsity in Violet that I would let go, but I don't want to be bothered with packing & shipping.
I'm in the Madison WI area.

I have a 1965 Collegiate Violet frame and fork set left over from a parts project, but the paint is far from perfect. Not sure where the chainguard is at. But since I am in the process of losing my house because of a divorce that is going on, I may have to trash it. Later on today, I will see if I can find the set. 1966 was the last year that the bike model name was on the down tube of the frame, so these are not too common a bike. The chainguard just has an elongated 8 point star design on it like what was in early 1970's 5 speed Schwinn Suburbans.

I WILL ADD THOUGH THAT THE FORK IS VISIBLY BENT, but it could still be straightened out.

I am in southeastern PA.

Jim.

Back