When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wards Hawthorne I think 1941......What's it worth?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

RustyFox

Look Ma, No Hands!
Suspended
IMG_3751.JPG
A guy wants me to make an offer on this bicycle and would like to know a fair price to offer......

Well I am not the expert and I don't have a definitive answer for you, I will put in my two cents as I see no one else has. I would not take 300, I would not take 400. Personally I think it is $1,000 bike however I don't believe many people would pay that. The price that you're interested customer is willing to pay maybe less than the amount that could be had if it were put out for sale to the entire country and left on the market for a long. Of time. EBay is not necessarily A guidepost because you can actually get bikes at a bargain sometimes and those bikes do not get to be closely inspected by the purchaser. However if you are able to closely inspect the bike and thoroughly go over it, then the questions arise such as has this bike been serviced, lubricated period is it rideable. Is anything bent. How true are the rims, condition of spokes. I have old bikes that I have put many hours into making them nice writing qualities and I like to leave them with old patina as I do not restore with paint and Chrome. I can spend several hours just cleaning an old chain and a couple more hours cleaning a sprocket and and crank. While in eBay purchaser may not appreciate the fact that an old barn find has been gone over and serviced comma I believe an old barn find that is all stuck andrusky and questionable is not worth nearly as much as one that performs nearly like new. Selling a bicycle to a hoarder will never get you your dollar it needs to be sold to someone who really appreciates a rare bike that would be almost impossible to find if he actually wanted to find that particular bike. No answer here for you I just thought I would add input good luck. Ron

Back