When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

wartime, "nonpareil" badged, original paint, lightweight.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

bikedudeomaha

Finally riding a big boys bike
picked this one up today at an estate sale. mismatched pedals, missing 1 chain adjuster, original seat?. who would be the maker on this one? anyone know an aprox value on these? would it have had a chain guard? paper badge? lots of questions on this one. forks are straight thou...
IMG_2682.JPG
IMG_2683.JPG
IMG_2684.JPG
IMG_2685.JPG
IMG_2686.JPG
IMG_2687.JPG
IMG_2688.JPG
IMG_2689.JPG
IMG_2690.JPG
IMG_2691.JPG
IMG_2692.JPG

The bike was made by Manton and Smith. It would have had a basic seat like the one on it, but it probably wouldn't have had a white cover. The head badge is correct. Many M&S bikes were sold with that badge. May or may not have had a chainguard. If it did, it would have been a basic Wald one.

It's always better when a great save turns into a vintage rider, not just a wall hanger.

Times were tough when the original owner got it...rationing and fear for loved ones overseas, and of course the danger those loved ones faced.
If bikes could talk.

Don't worry about the mismatched pedals. About 50% of the wartime bikes I come across have mismatched pedals. Howie Cohan role me years ago that his parents bike shop during WW2 often go a box of either left or right pedals of different manufacturers. That and bikes would show up from the factory would often show up without seats or pedals due to supply shortages.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Back