When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Weird Schwinn S/n & Bb, Pre- 48?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Nickinator

Riding my '38 Deluxe Bluebird
Picked up this Schwinn today, a real Frankenbike but these parts seem correct, plus a front fender, and a sliding rail seat and skip tooth, one painted drop center front rim....a DX we're guessing...

S/N starts with an I, never seen that before- they seem to go from H to J, on the post '48 bikes anyway, plus the BB looks rough and there are few other stampings...have no idea what they are, looks like a small c plus like a check mark or a 7, and some small 000's below, was someone 3 sheets to the wind that day?
Had to use some lacquer thinner to clearly see the #'s, anyone know what year this is? Thx!

Darcie
schwinn s:n 2.jpg
schwinn s:n 1.jpg
schwinn s:n 1A.jpg
schwinn s:n 1B.jpg

See this thread: http://thecabe.com/forum/threads/1946-dx-unequipped-have-chain-guard.84029/#post-525457

Message REC... he's been collecting post-war pre-fire serial numbers; share your thread photos with him. It's much like my 1946 DX PK... He led me to believe several initials were used in 1946. The angle of welded kickstand tube looks '46 [also looks like a shorter stand was replaced with a longer one and had to be bent]. Rear fender chevron looks like my DX rear fender... Position of quality seal on seat post tube... pappy

Thanks Pappy, REC did message me. From all the info, it's looking like it's a '45/early 46. :)
Darcie

Last edited:
Back