When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Western Flyer X-53 Original

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
HIGGINSFOREVER,

In answer to your question, I study and research original-paint bikes and their serial numbers whenever possible as that is the only truly reliable way to glean valuable information. Original serial number lists, such as the Western Auto book (ABCservices) validate that research.

Dave's site and this site rely on information from collectors like you and I, so the site owners cannot be held responsible for any misinformation that slips through and gets posted on their sites.

"New" information comes to light all the time and sometimes what we thought we knew 10 years ago is proven incorrect by diligent research and information that was always there, but we were blind to it. Quite often it's necessary to read between the lines and do your own research.

Check the catalog pic that Chris posted above for the '58 color and check the "12 Bikes of Christmas" thread (post #124) for an original Red/chrome '55-6 model. You are correct, there were no girls X-53s after '55, as I mentioned in a previous post.

I'll wager that the serial number/letters on Christopher's bike read: MOTX..

Sorry for the rant. :)

Last edited:
Great info Rusty! Do you know if the 58's had the painted top or the Chrome. I've seen them displayed both ways with the bikes I've seen on line. I'm thinking the Chrome is right, but not certain

'55-'58 all had the chrome light top with painted base.

so then what year is this one with a black base

IMG_0252.JPG

HIGGINSFOREVER,

In answer to your question, I study and research original-paint bikes and their serial numbers whenever possible as that is the only truly reliable way to glean valuable information. Original serial number lists, such as the Western Auto book (ABCservices) validate that research.

Dave's site and this site rely on information from collectors like you and I, so the site owners cannot be held responsible for any misinformation that slips through and gets posted on their sites.

"New" information comes to light all the time and sometimes what we thought we knew 10 years ago is proven incorrect by diligent research and information that was always there, but we were blind to it. Quite often it's necessary to read between the lines and do your own research.

Check the catalog pic that Chris posted above for the '58 color and check the "12 Bikes of Christmas" thread (post #124) for an original Red/chrome '55-6 model. You are correct, there were no girls X-53s after '55, as I mentioned in a previous post.

Your not related to leon di
HIGGINSFOREVER,

Your not related to leon dixson by any chance ?

Reactions: mrg
What a beautiful 3-some. Seriously thats a stable of thoroughbreds! Appreciate the insight on the black base. I've primed the bottom of my repop, I like the black look....I think I'll go that route.

Back