When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Westfield Columbia G519 MG119128

-
I considered that one, though still finishing the tribute I started last year. Had to reconsider since a baby is on the way. Perhaps another one will come up.

I hadn't noticed it was only two bidders...

Here are some of the auction pics and blurb for posterity. Pics copyright the seller Wrappergal.

MG119128 01A.jpg

MG119128 02A.jpg

MG119128 03A.jpg

MG119128 04A.jpg

MG119128 05A.jpg

MG119128 06A.jpg

MG119128 07A.jpg

MG119128 08A.jpg

MG119128 09A.jpg

MG119128 10A.jpg

MG119128 12A.jpg

COLUMBIA MILITARY WWII WAR BICYCLE. MG Series, feb. 1943
I am going to start this description with a website that shows exactly how rare this bike is: www.theliberator.eb/military/bicycles
This bike is in very good condition for a find that was stored for many years.
It has a skip tooth sprocket and wheel. The rims are straight and true and have the extremely heavy duty spokes which came with the military bike.Has the long 19" handle bars, in good condition but look at chrome in picture. Seat and handle grips are in good condition,unsure if original. unable to find pictures of that color.It does not have the light on the fender or reflector on rear fender. No kickstand
It has the military serial number on the bottom of the crank: K2 for year and month
Number MG119128. The website states this is one of the rarest of military vehicles.
Per the website:
These bikes were manufactured by both Westfield Columbia (Series MF and MG) and Huffman (Model 81) with only minor differences in parts. Huffman fenders were rounded as opposed to gothic ones on the Columbia, chain guards varied and Huffman front sprockets had a unique whirlwind design.... All parts were interchangeable. Early rubber pedal blocks were replaced with wooden ones later in the war. Early frames had a curved front tube but these were replaced with straight tubes on later models. The front fork truss rods were supported by a bracket fixed to the front forks on early Huffmans while Columbias and later Huffmans used a separate support attached between the forks and lower framehead bearing cup.
If you find a real military bike, The website states most are painted a different color.There are many reproductions but few real military made.

Sold at $1275.00

Best Regards,

Adrian

'Twas not I. Thought it went cheap. Almost jumped in. I was thinking about it but my daughter just started to drive and the joys of helping to pay for a 16yr olds car and insurance took its toll on my fun money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have to admit, I was the high bidder. I needed an army bike to complement my Marine and Navy Columbia's.

Now I will be looking for all the missing parts.
Handlebars are no problem, $10 at Memory lane.
Need a kickstand which should not be too difficult either.
The tough stuff;
Winner headlight
Grips
Pump
Seat bag
Bell
Any help on any of these please email me directly.

Excellent, (-:

now we can get some good before and after shots.

Please let us know the date code on the Morrow rear hub when you can.

Best Regards,

Adrian

Back