When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What Bike Did U Work on Today?

-
Handlebar extension work for Rustjunkie factory secret project

IMG_5339.JPG

IMG_5341.JPG

IMG_5343.jpg

I recovered the Persons seat on my Hi-Lo take-apart bike. It was tricky because the vinyl didn't want to bend and kept wrinkling, but the heat gun and lots of repositioning finally made it work. I also straightened out the crash rail that was really bent.
IMAG0725.jpg

IMG_5464.jpg
IMG_5475.jpg
IMG_5476.jpg
IMG_5477.JPG
IMG_5478.JPG
IMG_5480.jpg
IMG_5481.jpg

So once again...... I'm headed to the RustJunkie Ranch to drop off a repaired part and I magically get sucked in to buying more stuff I don't need. :(
First thing he does, is get's you to ride some of his high dollar bikes that appear (at first) to have been fished out of the ocean - but internally have the precision parts and construction of a fined tuned Ferrari....the bikes ride like a $$$$$$ road bike!!!! Then he sells you on the idea that "this is what you need!"
Next, he gets up into the upper warehouse, where he has whorded every fast-back style frame on the planet (hundreds of frames/forks) He picks out the worst one, a "CRACK" job (2nd last pic) if you know what I mean...with gobs of poorly repaired brazing (last pic)....added a few ocean fresh rusted parts to the pile.... and BAM!!! Next thing you know...... you're forking over hundreds of dollars for parts that "all need just a little work" :eek: You can't leave this place without dropping some serious cash....his giant Pit Bull will eat you alive if you don't break open that wallet.o_O
So I get home and heat up the crack and the RustJunkie addiction begins once again...........

Last edited:
I worked on this just purchased Hawthorne (thanks Hawthornecrazy). Never seen a more neglected bike. No sign of grease on any bearing, sand in the bottom bracket and the rear hub, not to mention the almost impossible to remove black paint. Gonna be a challenge, this one. Good thing I like the crusty look.

Mike
Hawthorne.jpg

Back