When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What Bike Did U Work on Today?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
What did I work on today? I musta been a bad,bad boy...:(
20160830_174811.jpg

image.jpeg
Looking good, Tom.
Your hand painted lettering skills are nothing short of amazing.
I put the pedals on my 1937 Elgin Bluebird and took it for my first ride.
I don't know if you guys do this, but I always take note of my life's first experience.
I've seen pictures and heard about the legendary Elgin Bluebird all of my life, but I have never actually ridden one until this evening.
Its kind of like the first time you made love, a little klunky, but it will always be a special memory.
It's only your first once, so make it count.

I worked on this Iver Johnson motorbike tank for a fellow vintage bike enthusiast who didn't want to use decals
That is really great work.
I would go with your method over the best decals anytime.

On a very lower level, I'm doing the stripes by hand as they were originally done
on my bike and not with pin-stripe decals.

This art of yours is like the WW2 leather jackets that were hand-painted with the specific “bomb units or insignia”.
Beautiful.

Thanks for sharing your skill.

Thanks for the nice comments. I've been doing Pinstriping, Lettering and Sign painting including Gold Leaf work for north of forty years. Most of my work is on custom vehicles and race cars. My old bike hobby has brought me into all sorts of extra work in things old and antique. Believe me, there's nothing low level about pinstriping. It takes a lot of patience and practice to pull lines by hand on cars as well as old bike parts. Good luck with your new project. Tom

Back